Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories 556 kcal
1 tablespoon vegan butter
1 ripe banana, sliced
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/4 cups unflavored and unsweetened non-dairy milk can sub water), plus more, as needed
Generous pinch ground cinnamon, to taste
Dash vanilla extract
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste
1. Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a medium nonstick skillet.
2.Arrange the banana slices in a single layer in the skillet. Cook until they begin to soften up and brown on the bottoms, about 3-4 minutes.
3.Gently flip the slices and cook on the opposite side until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes more.
4. Remove the pan from heat and transfer the banana slices to a plate.
5. Place the milk and salt into a small saucepan and set it over medium heat. Bring it to a simmer.
6. Stir in the oats and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until most of the milk is absorbed. You can add more milk during cooking if needed.
7. Remove the pot from heat and stir in the maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla.
8. Transfer the oatmeal to a bowl and top with pecans and bananas. Serve.