Skip to the content
Organiser and Eligibility
1 The SUPERMARKET SWEEP [“Contest”] is organised by Benta Edible Oil Sdn.Bhd [“the Organiser”] and is open to all legal residents of Malaysia aged 18 years and above as of 6/9/2020 [each a “Participant” and collectively, the “Participants”]. The Organiser reserves the right to request for identification document as proof and for purposes of verifying the identity of a Participant.
2 The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
[a] Employees of the Organiser [including its affiliated and related companies] and their immediate family members [spouse, children, parents, siblings (and their spouses)]; and/or
[b] Representatives, employees, servants and/or agents of advertising and/or promotion service providers of the Organiser [including their affiliated and related companies], and their immediate family members [spouse, children, parents, siblings (and their spouses)].
3. The Organiser shall reserve the right to exclude and/or disqualify Participants who do not fall within the category of Participants and/or who are in breach of the Contest Rules and Regulations.
1 The Contest will run from 20/8/2020 [“the Contest Period”]. The Organiser shall reserve the right at its absolute discretion to vary, postpone, re-schedule and/or extend the Contest Period and/or cancel/terminate the Contest at any time without prior notice. All entries received outside the Contest Period will be automatically disqualified.
Qualifying Criteria and Submission of Entries Via BESS Messenger
1. To participate in the Contest, Participants must spend at least RM 50 at any selected supermarkets. The original single printed receipt must contain the purchase amount, the outlet name, the receipt number and the date of purchase clearly stated on the printed receipt [“POP”].
2. All Contest entries must be to BESS’ apps.
3. Each POP is eligible for one entry only. Participants are not allowed to submit/send more than one  entry with the same POP to the Organiser. The Organiser shall have the right to disqualify and/or reject entries where:
[a] the POP submitted is a duplicate, incorrect, unclear, torn or damaged; and/or
[b] the Required Details are not provided, incomplete, illegible, unclear and/or inaccurate.
4. Each Participant is identified by the Required Details submitted in the entry.
Liability and Responsibility
1 All Qualified Participants must abide by the terms set out herein including the terms attached to claiming the prizes/groceries, if any. Any and all prizes/grocery items which are lost and/or damaged for whatever reason are not replaceable and the Organiser disclaims any and all liabilities arising therefrom and the obligations to replace the lost and/or damaged prizes/grocery items.
2 The Winners list will be announced in the Organiser’s website [www.sabahbess.com.my] and apps.
3 Qualified Participants or Winners, as the case may be, their heirs shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, damage, claim or accidents [including death] resulting from their participation in the Contest and Challenge; and/or utilisation of the Prizes/groceries and agree to release and hold the Organiser free and harmless of any liability.
4 All transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or related expenses that are incurred to participate in the Contest and Challenge shall be the sole responsibility of the Participants.
5 The Organiser is also not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, failure in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, the website, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, system, apparatus, software, failure of e-mail or receipt of entry on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet and/or telecommunication services that may directly or indirectly affect the Contest.
Rights of the Organiser
1 The Organiser shall reserve the right at its absolute discretion to review and vary the Prize & Winners’ selection process contained herein at any time without prior notice. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondences thereafter will be entertained.
2 The Organiser shall reserve the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the Prizes with that of similar value, at any time without prior notice. The Prizes are non-transferable and all Prizes are given on an “as is” basis and are not exchangeable for cash, credit and other items or voucher in part or in full.
3 By participating in the Contest, all Participants agree and acknowledge that all intellectual property rights thereto shall belong to the Organiser and each Participant consents to the collection, use, processing and/or disclosure by the Organiser any and all of the Participant’s personal information including without limitation the Participant’s name, photograph or image for purposes of the Challenge as well as advertising, publicity, marketing and promotional activities conducted in such manner as the Organiser sees fit, in any media and without additional compensation, notification or permission, and any other activities that are ancillary to the Contest and/or Challenge. Participants shall not be entitled to claim ownership and/or other forms of compensation on the materials.
4 The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant that is found or suspected of tampering with the Contest submission process or the operation of the Contest and the Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest.
5 The Organiser reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest and/or Challenge in the event it becomes not possible for the Organiser to run the Contest as planned including but not limited to unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organiser, despite the best efforts of the Organiser.
1. By participating in the Contest, you consent Benta Edible Oil Sdn. Bhd. and any of its holding, subsidiary or related companies as defined in the Companies Act 1965 and service providers, agents and contractors who provide administrative and business support to us and act on our behalf [“Authorised Third Parties”] [collectively “Organiser”, “us”, “we” or “our”] to process your personal information provided in the entry form for purposes of the Contest. This includes disclosing your name to the general public when you become a winner in a contest or participate in our events by publishing your name, photographs and other personal information without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
2. The Organiser may also use your personal information for purposes of contacting and sending to you marketing and promotional information or materials about our products, services, any promotions, events or contests organised by the Organiser. Please indicate your option on the form if you agree to the use of your personal information for this purpose.
3. In the event that you agree to share and disclose personal information of a person whom you intend to refer to the Organiser, you acknowledge that you have obtained the consent of that person to share and disclose his/her personal information to us and to being contacted by us.
6. Please note the Organiser requires your personal information in order to process your participation in the Contest, without which we will not be able to process your application.
Terms and Conditions
1 Pictures of Prizes shown on the Contest entry form are for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual item. Price shown is correct at the time of printing.
2 These Contest Rules and Regulations are prepared in several languages. In the event of inconsistencies between any versions of the Contest Rules and Regulations, the English version shown on the Organiser’s website shall prevail.
3 The Contest Rules and Regulations and the Contest mechanics, may be amended from time to time and shall prevail over any provisions or representations contained in any other promotional material or advertising of the Contest. Participants are highly advised to visit the Organisers’ website from time to time to ensure that the Participants are aware of any updates and changes made.
4 By participating in the Contest and Challenge, Participants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules and Regulations, the Ground Rules of the Challenge, and the decisions of the Organiser.
© Bess 2019